Microsoft has recently released their first major update for Windows 10. It is available now for both tablets and PCs. Microsoft claims that this update brings improvement in all aspect of the system.
On the site Microsoft mentioned the following major improvements:
Performance: Boot Time decreased by 30% (but they are comparing to Windows 10, so we are not sure how it changed);
Cortana is now available for Japan, Australia, Canada and India. For India English version only.
EDGE improved in performance and security however EDGE browser is useless without Java support.
Also, Microsoft says that there are more improvements to Mail, Calendar, Photos, Groove, XBox Store, OneNote apps and the most important to SOLITAIRE!!!
According to Microsoft, this update brings additional features and improvements to make Windows 10 more attractive for computers used in business and enterprises.
- Windows Update for Business provides IT controls over the deployment of updates within their organizations while ensuring their devices are kept current, and their security needs are met, at reduced management cost. Features include setting up device groups with staggered deployments and scaling deployments with network optimizations.
- Windows Store for Business provides IT a flexible way to find, acquire, manage and distribute apps to Windows 10 devices – both Windows Store apps and a custom line of business apps. Organizations can choose their preferred distribution method by directly assigning apps, publishing apps to a private store, or connecting with management solutions.
- Credential Guard safeguards credentials inside a hardware-based virtualized environment and breaks the popular “pass the hash” used in many major breaches.
- Device Guard uses Trusted Boot to prevent intruders from installing malware, helping to keep company devices secure.
- Windows Hello enables people to say goodbye to passwords with enterprise-grade biometrics including fingerprint and facial recognition.
- Windows Defender, a free anti-malware service.
- Mobile Device Management, empowers IT to use the full power of Enterprise Mobility Management to manage the entire family of Windows devices, including PCs, tablets, phones, and IOT. Windows 10 is the only platform that can manage BYOD scenarios from the device to the apps to the data on those devices – safely and securely. And of course, Windows 10 is fully compatible with the existing management infrastructure used with PCs, giving IT control over how they bridge between two capabilities.
- Azure Active Directory Join, empowers IT to maintain one directory, enabling people to have one login and securely roam their Windows settings and data across all of their Windows 10 devices. AAD Join also enables any machine to become enterprise ready with a few simple clicks by anyone in the organization.
It is clear that this category of the users usually waits a while before switching to the new version of operating system or application. This should speed up a transmission from the old version to the new system.
It really looks like Microsoft is pushing everyone to upgrade to its new operating system. We in HitechService are certain that Solitaire alone is the only and main reason to quickly schedule your upgrade. Come on Windows 7 users, hop on!
- Posted by Author
- On November 16, 2015
- 0 Comments